F.C.S.Family & Consumer Sciences
FCS is a field of study focused on the science and the art of living and working well in our complex world.
FCS areas of focus include:
- Housing and Interior Design,
- Education and training,
- Culinary arts, hospitality, and tourism,
- Food science and nutrition,
- Health management and wellness,
- Human/child development and family relations,
- Personal and family finance, and
- Textiles, apparel, and retailing.
Sustainable practices, consumerism, and leadership principles are woven throughout the content areas.
Through research, experiential education, and technology, FCS professionals help people develop the essential knowledge and skills to
- lead better lives,
- be work and career ready,
- build strong families, and
- make meaningful contributions to our communities.
You will find FCS professionals in
The FCS prograams offered at CHS are:
- business and industry,
- academic education at the early childhood, elementary, secondary, and higher education levels,
- community education for adults and youth, including Cooperative Extension programs,
- government, and health and human services.