Welcome to Smithography 101
- Born in West Virginia & raised in southwestern Pennsylvania
- Worked in the family business of horse racing & lived on a farm
- Moved to Arizona in the late 70s
- Graduated from Paradise Valley High School in Phoenix, Arizona
- Secondary Education Certificate: Northern Arizona University; BSEd. Health Sciences; Master's of Arts in Science Teaching
- Married to the love of my life for over 35 years
- I have two beautiful daughters living in Flagstaff
- I have 3 wonderful grandchildren to keep me young!
You may check out my class schedule here (K. Smith Class Schedule 2021 - 2022)Here is my Classroom Management Plan if you would like to get a feel for how classes are organized and strategies used in my teaching.
Hello to all A and P and Biology I students and parents! We survived some very tough challenges that greatly impacted all of our lives in the past year and a half and I am really looking forward to getting back to hands on learning! In the interest of maintaining some degree of consistentcy, I will be providing most of the course content and activities using the FUSD Canvas platform. My preferred method of communication will be through the Canvas notifications and email as it affords me the ability to respond quickly to both student and parent inquiries. All students have district assigned Canvas accounts that are accessable using the same credentials required for StudentVUE and FUSD Google logins. I am excited have the opportunity to fully teach in person, start building positive learning relationships with students, and making the 2021-2022 a productive year for all.