Degrees and Certifications:
We will be trying something new this year and I am going to be very specific on my supply list. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- A backpack
- A Pencil box (plastic please) –Name on this please
- 2 composition notebooks (the black and white kind but any color is fine) –Name on this please
- 2- 2 pocket folders (without brads) –Name on these please
- 1 box of colored pencils (for their pencil box)
- 1 box of Crayola markers (for their pencil box)
- A pack of pencils – Can be #2 yellow pencils or mechanical – NO PATTERNS OR PRINTS OF ANY KIND *The ones with the plastic wrapper breaks our pencil sharpener –Name on package
- Mini pencil sharpener (This is optional if they want it)
- A 1” 3 ring-binder (white) unless you were in my class last year then this isn’t needed!
- #2 YELLOW Pencils (Ticonderoga)
- Glue sticks (large pack!)
- Clorox wipes
- Zip lock bags (gallon or sandwich size)
- Expo Markers (Any size or colors are fine)
- Healthy snacks
(these can be donated throughout the school year)
- Extra glue sticks
- Playground balls, jump ropes or chalk
Other items are not needed at this time!
I would like to provide a time during the morning for all students to have a snack. Students are encouraged to bring a snack with them each day; however, I would like to have extra snacks for those students who forget one.
Your child will be bringing home a folder each day. It is important to read and review the contents with your child DAILY. I will communicate with you about your child’s behavior, work habits, classroom events, newsletters, and homework assignments. Use this folder to send us any notes about changes in your child’s transportation, academics, life, etc.
We will not be having homework this year. I would really like students to have their after school time to play and spend time with their family! If your child needs extra practice in a specific area, I can send home work for that specific need.
I hope to encourage reading as much as possible this year. We will be reading in class daily and with your help, nightly as well. I would like each child to read 20 minutes a night, or 100 minutes a week. I will not be sending home a reading log but I hope that we can continue this routine of reading each night!