Dine Bizaad: Speak, Read, Write Navajo
Semester 1: August to December
Review: Introduction, numbers, colors, months, days of the week, family terms, etc.
Lesson 11 Goals:
- Learn to tell time in the past. Speak of where one has been. Use verb: "to come". Be able to describe the weather. Begin to speak of buying and cost.
Lesson 12 Goals:
- Learn to express: "to make" in past and present form. Be able to speak about "both" and "all of them". Expand vocabulary on time designations.
Lesson 13 Goals:
- Learn to express: "to want/ to think". Learn the verb: "to play". Be able to use the verb: "to buy" in future form.
Lesson 14 Goals:
- Be able to count money. Get a start on class verbs. More on buying and selling.
Lesson 15 Goals:
- Learn the use of more class verbs. Be able to describe sizes. Learn to designate position.
Review for Mid Term:
Semester 2: January to May
Lesson 16 Goals:
- Learn to describe position with class verbs. Gain facility in using locational enclitics. Use concept: "pick it up".
Lesson 17 Goals:
- Learn to express future: "to go/ to arrive". Be able to tell time. Tell times of the day by the SUN. Be able to tell the days of the week.
Lesson 18 Goals:
- Describe road conditions. Be able to direct a driver. Tell distance in miles. Be able to express acquaintance.
Lesson 19 Goals:
- Learn to use more directionals. Be able to use the verb: "walking along". Be able to apply perfective mode: Handling Verbs.
Lesson 20 Goals:
- Learn names of furniture in the home. Learn names of areas/ rooms of a house. Acquire vocabulary in a meal setting. Learn to use the verbs: "to eat" and "to drink".
Review for Finals: