• Each student is responsible for a personal checkbook monitoring classroom money
• Each Friday, students with missing work will attend a study hall to catch up in their studies
• Writing ~ grammar/letters/poetry and 6 Traits of Story Writing
• Reading ~ Accelerated Reader, research projects and our reading program (National Geographic text). I will have reading groups and students will rotate through stations.
• Vocabulary ~ The grade will include online vocabulary tests, homework (packets, spellingcity or activities). Students' spelling usage will be assessed in their daily work.
• Math ~ I will be using Eureka Math and grouping within my class for math rotations.
• Social Studies ~ Project Based units
• Science ~ Students will be taught Units: Mrs. Tessmer-Animal adaptations, Ms. Davidson-Physics of sound, Ms. Shafer-Botany, and I will teach Geology.
• Homework ~ Homework: please refer to the sample copy I sent home of what your child’s agenda should look like every week.