The essential questions will be used consistently throughout the school year.
1. How does expressive reading and writing support the development of personal and societal identity?
2. Why is the ability to read and write technically essential to function in the world?
3. How is language used to influence perspectives, decision making, and actions?
4. How does persuasive writing support the development of personal and societal identity?
5. How do personal and societal identities change as a result of research and the exchange of information and ideas?
Mastery and Enrichment
6. Why does being a learner include the ability to read and write effectively?
7. Why does the ability to read and write effectively contribute to a great sense of self and one's place in society?