Paul J. Pavlich M. Ed.Spanish Instructor
Coconino High SchoolContact Information
e-mail email@example.comPhone – Work - (928) 773-8200About the teacher:
· In education 30 years
· Taught at all three high schools in Flagstaff
· Instructor full and part time at Coconino Community College
· Instructor part time at NAU
· Served as Athletic Director
· Traveled extensively in Mexico, Spain, and Europe
· Xavier College Preparatory School in Phoenix
· Orme School· Coached 11 years and 6 different sportsGoals:
· To provide an environment where students can learn and use Spanish while in a comfortable and supportive setting. To provide a challenging curriculum that meets the needs of all students and ability levels.
· Prepare students to successfully move on to higher levels of language learning
· To give students a wide view of the language including daily use, history and importance of Spanish in the U.S. today
· To have fun and become even more interested in Spanish for their future· Students will be willing to speak the language to others including native speakers
· Dictionary/or online access to dictionary
· Good attitude
· Willingness to speak
· Self direction
· Ability to work with othersTextbooks: Spanish 2: "Asi Se Dice -2"
Spanish 4AP "Asi Se Dice-4", "Abriendo Paso Lectura", "Abriendo Paso Gramatica", and "Repase y Escriba".
Remember, attendance is very important. Students must daily meet three basic class rules: show up, bring their stuff (be prepared), and do the work, in order to be successful.
Topics of Study:
· Hispanic literature and culture(introductory level)
· History of language, settlement of southwestern U.S.
· Products and resources of Spanish-speaking countries.
Thank you for supporting our great school and fine Spanish program