Hello and Welcome!
This is my School integrated website but I am currently upgrading and building the a new Google class website here CHS Engineering
There are many positive reasons to move to a Google site, the main being everything Google works with Google. There are a lot more tools that I can inetgrate than I can on my traditional school site. I believe students and parents will be relieved with having everything in one place and using one software to complete assinments.
You can find the calandar and the curriculum, list of assingment, and activitites on the new site. You can enven look into what the other class levels are going to be working on.
Field Experiences / Competitive Opportunities:
The PLTW Engineering programs offer students an array of advantages, from career readiness and hands-on experience to college preparatory–level classes, labs and creative exercises. PLTW students succeed in the classroom and in life.
Our programs are designed to appeal to all students, from those already interested in STEM-related fields, to those whose experience in the sciences and math has been less comprehensive or who find themselves uninterested in traditional science and math curricula.
PLTW classes are hands-on, based in real-world experience, and engaging for students and teachers. We set the highest standards for rigorous, focused and relevant study, and develop students’ innovative, collaborative, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills.
Our relationships with teachers, parents, local and national business leaders and university partners allow us to offer a complete experience both for students wishing to pursue a post-secondary degree in a STEM-related field and for those planning to join the workforce after high school. STEM literacy reduces dropout rates, increases attendance and helps students find better-paying jobs after school.Academics:
· Attendance - Being present and actively participating in class. If absent, it is the student's responsibility to see what he or she has missed and make that work up as soon as possible.
· Mathematics - Suggested that students have Algebra and Geometry completed with a grade of B or better, but is not required.
· Reading/Writing - Suggested that students have a 9th -10th grade reading level. Technical writing in this class is required.
· Science - Suggested that students have taken or are currently enrolled in Physics, but is not required.
These are skills that we work toward with students to help prepare them for the work force.
· Time Management - Students need to apply themselves on a daily basis.
· Personal Motivation - Actively seeking and taking part in any undertaking relating to the chosen skill area.
· Problem-Solving Ability - This course encourages and teaches students to problem solve and use critical thinking to solve problems.
· Reliability/Dependability – Demonstration by the student that he/she can be relied upon to do what is expected in class and in group work. This includes completing assignments on time and in a professional manner and working with their group partner.
· Ability to Work with Others - A variety of skills including teamwork are addressed. In this course students must work in groups on various tasks and projects for solving problems, generating ideas, stimulating critical thinking, etc. by unrestrained spontaneous participation in discussion. Students will acquire strong teamwork and communication skills throughout this course.Thank you again and stay Panther Strong!