Postive Response Team
- Working to make Flagstaff High School a better place -FHS Team Members:Sally Ake firstname.lastname@example.orgJeannine Brandel email@example.comSoloman Duran firstname.lastname@example.orgApril Gabaldon email@example.comLinda Grimsland firstname.lastname@example.orgSherry Swelnis email@example.comCommunity Team Members:This could be you!The Positive Response Team was created as part of the Safe & Supportive Schools (S3) Grant.
S3 Grant Purpose:
To improve conditions on campus through the use of data, research-based practices and adequate resources.
This project allows AZ to achieve the use of a systematic approach to improving conditions for learning in eligible schools through improved measurement systems that assess safety and other conditions for learning, and the implementation of programmatic interventions that address problems identified by data. It also allows for implementation of a measurement system that uses valid and reliable instruments to gather comprehensive data related to school engagement and school environment from students to assess conditions for learning and from school staff and students’ families or guardians to assess school engagement.Major Activities:
· Measurement (Incident data - AZ Safe, student survey, staff survey, parent survey)
· Safety Score Development & Posting (must be used to determine interventions)
· Evidenced-based Interventions (PBIS, Student Assistance Programs, Transition Programs, etc.)The specific goals and objectives for Arizona S3 are:
· Goal 1 – Improve conditions for learning in eligible schools by utilizing valid and reliable data to drive the use of research-based prevention and intervention strategies.
· Objective 1 – Decrease the percentage of students who report personal harassment or bullying on school property.
· Objective 2 – Improve their school safety score.
· Objective 3 – Decrease the number of suspensions for violent incidents without physical injury.
· Objective 4 – Decrease the percentage of students that are offered, sold or given an illegal substance on campus.
· Goal 2 – Reduce high-risk student behaviors that present barriers to learning in eligible schools by using valid and reliable data to drive prevention and intervention strategies.
· Objective 1 – Decrease the percentage of students who report current (30-day) alcohol use.
· Objective 2 – Identify and refer more students for appropriate interventions for substance use.Links: