F.C.S.Family & Consumer Sciences
FCS is a field of study focused on the science and the art of living and working well in our complex world.
FCS areas of focus include:
- Housing and Interior Design,
- Education and training,
- Culinary arts, hospitality, and tourism,
- Food science and nutrition,
- Health management and wellness,
- Human/child development and family relations,
- Personal and family finance, and
- Textiles, apparel, and retailing.
Sustainable practices, consumerism, and leadership principles are woven throughout the content areas.
Through research, education, and technology, FCS professionals help people develop the essential knowledge and skills to:
- lead better lives,
- be work and career ready,
- build strong families, and
- make meaningful contributions to our communities.
You will find FCS professionals in
The FCS prograams offered at CHS are:
- business and industry,
- academic education at the early childhood, elementary, secondary, and higher education levels,
- community education for adults and youth, including Cooperative Extension programs,
- government, and health and human services.