Degrees and Certifications:
+Certified: Art, English, Social Studies, ELD +Masters in EPFA: Leadership in Ecology, Culture, and Learning--PSU +Masters in Teaching :Curriculum and Instruction: Social Studies & At-Risk Youth-PSU +Bachelors in History/ Minor in Art & Television Broadcasting-- NMSU ++Certification in Permaculture Design-- Portland State University under Tobey Hemingway (Whom we deeply miss) --author of "Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture
Welcome to NJHS, Social Studies and English Grade 8 2021
Gallery Walk from Art & Design: Grade 6
WELCOME -- To Conferences
Zoom Link All Classes
Topic: Ms. Taylor-Habib's All Classes, Back to School, & NJHS Link
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 977 0440 1696
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,97704401696# US (San Jose)
More for NJHS -- See page
- Email: email@example.com
- Office Hours: 2:20 - 2:50 and by appointment
- Available online 7:25-3 Daily (lunch 12-12:30)--but can meet at lunch with appointment
- English and Social Studies Tutoring Tuesdays 2:30-3 -- IN Person in the Library -- English teachers are rotating
Language and Literacy (English )
- Creating journals and grammar notebooks
- Starting a poetry unit with Dr. Seuss and Flocabulary Hip Hop
- Reading the Outsiders
- Looking at the Holocaust reading Night and Anne Frank
- Reading Flowers for Algernon and studying Human Intelligence, Growth Mindset, and A.I. --Watch out for Robots!
- Looking at Current Events using Newsela and learning to write and educated arguement paper using claim and evidence.
- Having fun
Ind & Societies-- Soc.Stud--See our Canvas page
We will be studying for the Civics Exam looking at the US Constitution, its formation and government using iCivics, Flocabulary, Kahoot, and Newsela!
- A look at regional history --Dust Bowl/ Navajo Livestock Reduction/Hoover Dam
- Harlem Renaissance and The Roaring 20's
- Foundations of Economics -- Personal Finance--Great Depression/WWII
- Rise of Facism--WWII
- Human Rights--Civil Rights
- Vietnam/Cold War
- Contemporary Modern U.S History
The Big Picture Takeaways you will gain from this class:
- History is a story composed from multiple perspectives based on facts and evidence.
- History is a discipline driven by inquiry and questions.
- It is important to study the past to avoid making the same mistakes of others in the past.
- The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights give us the rights as citizens to make educated decisions in our lives, but with rights come responsibilities.
- The United States is a mixture of various cultures, ethnicities and ideas that form an strong nation of people who are dedicated and self reliant citizens working together as a nation.