Phone: (928) 421-1286
Degrees and Certifications:
+Certified: Art, English, Social Studies, ELD +Masters in EPFA: Leadership in Ecology, Culture, and Learning--PSU +Masters in Teaching :Curriculum and Instruction: Social Studies & At-Risk Youth-PSU +Bachelors in History/ Minor in Art & Television Broadcasting-- NMSU ++Certification in Permaculture Design-- Portland State University under Tobey Hemingway (Whom we deeply miss) --author of "Gaia's Garden: A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture
Welcome to NJHS, Social Studies Grade 8 &
Art & Design: Grade 7
NJHS New Meeting: Use My Class Link below
Meeting Thursday afternoon I believe, will check updates --- Join Zoom Meeting https://fusd1-org.zoom.us/j/97704401696
More for NJHS -- See page
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: 2:20 - 2:50 and by appointment
- Available online 7:25-3 Daily (lunch 12-12:30)--but can meet at lunch with appointment
- Art Tutoring Mondays 2:30-3
- Social Studies Tutoring Tuesdays 2:30-3 (same link)
Art Period 3 --Q4-- See our Canvas Page
- In this class you will learn to discover how to use the path of inquiry and your own artistic ideas and artistic decisions.
- You will learn to believe in your own ability to think creatively and try new things. You will be shocked and surprised to learn how talented you really are, or maybe you already know.
- You will start to think about what you can do with art and design to change my world and your life. In order to do this you will need to solve visual design problems with feasible design ideas. Which you explain and justify to your audience!
Social Studies/Ind & Societies--Zoom Link Below--See our Canvas page
We will be studying for the Civics Exam using iCivics, Flocabulary, Kahoot, and Newsela!
- Personal Finance --Dust Bowl/ Navajo Livestock Reduction
- Foundations of Economics --Great Depression/WWII
- Rise of Facism--WWII
- Human Rights--Civil Rights
- Vietnam/Cold War
- Contemporary Modern U.S History
The Big Picture Takeaways you will gain from this class:
- History is a story composed from multiple perspectives.
- History is a discipline driven by inquiry and questions.
- It is important to study the past to avoid making the same mistakes of others in the past.
- The United States is a mixture of various cultures, ethnicities and ideas.