2. Here is the syllabus:
3. I post a "Check-in" under Discussions every Wednesday and a review of what happened in class along with a video of the class (good for 15 days) in the Announcements every day unless there is a measurement or the activity is the same as the previous day. I also post answer keys and notes from class whiteboard work there. If you miss a day, the first place to go is to the announcements to view the video and notes.
4. The Zoom link for your class is listed under the first Announcement posted. I have also emailed you the link. We will use the same link all semester. Make sure you read the correct Announcement as there is a different link for 4th and 5th period.
5. If you want to set up a review/tutoring session with me I have an open Zoom link. You are welcome to set up an appointment for 2:45 M, T, Th, or F. Once you make the appointment use the link below:
Topic: Maree Mitchell's Zoom Meeting tutoring and questions
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Meeting ID: 929 6829 7420
6. I use standards based grading. We will talk more about this in class. Here is the adjusted grading scale for SBG:
Maree’s Grading Scale
7. Successful online learning requires many of the same things that successful in-person learning requires. You need to do your practice, ask questions, and actively participate in class breakouts and discussions (by talking but also by truly thinking about what you are learning). The difference with online learning is that the responsibility for your learning is almost entirely placed on your shoulders. In person, I can see when you are confused, when you are not doing your work, when you're having a bad day, when you're goofing off...but online you have to be responsible for your engagement. My suggestion is to behave online as if you are in class.