Hi, I am new to Flagstaff as of August 2020. I moved here from Missoula, MT. I have 25 years experience teaching science in Michigan, Connecticut, New York, and Montana and am excited to teach Chemistry and Biology at CHS.
I have a Remind account that each student should use and you can also contact me using my school email: email@example.com. Please see the links on this page to read my syllabus and to find my Standards. I will link my Standards by unit as the year continues.
Here is the information that is present on my Canvas homepage.
Welcome to General Chemistry or to Biology Here are the key points to know about how my class will run. Please read the full syllabus under #2 to learn about the class in more detail.
1. Here is how to best contact me:
- Email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Remind App-- send a text to 81010 and text this message @97f4ac2 for Chemistry and @k3gbgbk for Biology (please join this!!!) or open your remind app and add the class using just the code 97f4ac2 for Chemistry and k3gbgbk for Biology.
- Call 928.773.8200 ext.6494
2. Here is the syllabus:
Chemistry: Chemistry Syllabus
Biology: Biology Syllabus
3. I use standards based grading. Students will score between 0 and 4 on their standards. Practice (homework) does not affect your grade. Evidence of Learning assignments (like labs, tests, and projects) will affect your grade. We will talk more about this in class. Here is the adjusted grading scale for SBG:
Maree’s Grading Scale
I have linked my Standards below along with my full syllabus.