Learning, Technology and Innovation
The Learning, Technology and Innovation department is committed to working in collaboration with all departments and schools to provide, promote, and monitor high-quality professional learning that increases the effectiveness & capacity of instructional and non-instructional personnel throughout our District.
In order to foster a culture of excellence and equity for all students. The AZ Technology Standards, ISTE Essential Conditions, UDL Framework, Restorative Practice Framework, FUSD Strategic Plan and the TEI drive professional learning for FUSD. Technology, Learning and Innovation is structured to incorporate all aspects of educational technology and is committed to helping students, teachers, and administrators effectively use technology in their school environments for learning in the modern world.
In addition, Learning, Technology, and Innovation assists with all required reports at the District, State, and Federal level. Services provided include:
- Flagstaff Unified School Districts mentor-mentee programs, training, coaching and implementation support for district and school-based employees.
- Assistance and support for evaluation tools within Frontline Professional Growth, including reports and use of resources to support evaluation and individual professional development plans.
- Canvas assistance and technical support for all schools and teachers.
- Support for schools with aligning their school improvement efforts with their professional development plan.
- Coaching, mentoring and support for all new educators on certification requirements as outlined by the Arizona Department of Education (ADE).
- Support with the Classroom Site Fund per A.R.S. 15-977 and ensuring all components align to the FUSD strategic plan.
- Support schools with the implementation and training required for Professional Learning Communities (PLC).
- Support schools with implementation and training for educational technology to ensure that stakeholders at every level are empowered to be leaders at effecting change and students are prepared to thrive in a constantly evolving technological landscape.
- Support schools with the implementation and training required for Restorative Practices.
- Support schools with the implementation and training required for Universal Design for Learning (UDL).