Marshall Magnet Elementary School Family Guide to Mitigate Covid-19
Marshall is excited to welcome students back to school for the 2021/22 school year! To assist families, our team has put together a guide of resources to make the return to school successful.
Before School Begins
- Verify your child’s health each school day. Keep students home with any non-chronic Covid 19 symptoms. If your child has asthma or allergies, please share a medical note with Nurse Liz Walmer.
- If your student displays symptoms while at school, we will be able to give a rapid nasal test to your child if we have permission to do so. Please complete the BinaxNow Consent Form.
Student Drop Off & Pick Up
- Families will verify a child's health prior to dropping off students or placing them on the bus. Symptom Checklist
- Student arrival begins at 8:20 am and ends at 8:35am.
- Families will not be able to enter the building at drop off.
Kindergarten parent will escort their student to the building entrance to meet Kinder team member.
If a parent parks their car, they may escort their student to the drop off area.
- Drop off and walkers - Students will be dropped off in the west parking lots. They will use crosswalks, enter through the front doors, and either grab breakfast or go directly outside to their grade level section of the playground.
- Buses - Students will be dropped off in the front of the school. They will enter through the front doors and either grab breakfast or go directly outside to their grade level section of the playground.
- Staff will pick up students from their designated section of the outdoor playground at 8:35am.
- Students who arrive after 8:35am must check in through the front lobby.
- Students will be dismissed in staggered grade level bands
- Walkers/Parent pick up will be dismissed by grade levels 1 & 5, 2 & 4,then 3.
- Siblings dismiss with the youngest grade level band.
- Bussers will be dismissed in order of bus arrival via intercom.
- Students will not be released after 3:00pm from the front office (no early pickups).
Morning Routine and Breakfast
- After the first day, students will walk to their designated section of the playground, for morning recess.
- Playground sections rotate weekly.
- Breakfast is free for students in the cafeteria.
- For the first day school, all classroom teachers will be in their classroom to welcome students.
- Special area teachers will be ready to assist students in finding their way to their rooms for the first week of school.
- Students will be seated in forward facing, distanced at desks or tables to the maximus extent possible for their learning.
- Classroom teachers will be teaching in-person only. We do not have a remote option at Marshall. Contact Thomas Online Academy for information on the remote learning.
- Individual student supplies stored at students desks or in back packs.
- Teachers are sharing seating charts to aid with contact tracing efforts.
- Playground is divided into six grade level sections that rotate weekly.
- students will stay in their recess section, all week long.
- playground map is below in document.
- Social distancing encouraged, masking mandated.
- Active supervision is provided while students are on the playground.
- Playground Schedule
- Masks off when eating, mask recommended when finished.
- Students will eat in the cafeteria or science lab beginning at 8:20am daily. Breakfast will be eaten in the cafeteria (overflow in Science Lab). Outdoor eating is an option if we cannot socially distance inside. All food is grab and go bags.
- Grade level groups will eat lunch in the cafeteria. No lunch cards, no point of sale.
- We will play music for students during lunch. Mindful eating is encouraged.
- Tables are marked 3-6 feet apart where students can sit.
- Students will all face the same direction.
- Students will have up to 20 minutes for lunch. They will raise their hand for dismissal when finished, exiting out the west doors then the double doors to their area of the playground.
- Kindergarten lunch will be 10:45-11:05am
- 3rd grade lunch will be 11:10-11:30am
- 1st grade lunch will be 11:35 - 11:55am
- 2nd grade lunch will be 12:00 -12:20pm
- 4th grade lunch will be 12:25 -12:45pm
- 5th grade lunch will be 12:55 -1:15pm
Teachers take students outside to eat.
With inclement weather: Grades 1, 3, 5 eat in Cafeteria / Grades K, 2, 4 eat in Science Lab & Library
- Kindergarten lunch will be 10:10 - 10:30am
- 1st grade lunch will be 10:30 - 10:50am
- 2nd grade lunch will be 10:50 -11:10pm
- 3rd grade lunch will be 11:10-11:30am
- 4th grade lunch will be 11:30 -11:50pm
- 5th grade lunch will be 11:50 -12:10pm
- Classroom teachers will walk students through as they pick up their lunches and sit down.
- Teachers remain with students for 10 minutes before leaving for duty-free lunch M-Th.
- Students will enter through the east doors, follow the white arrows, pick up their sack lunches, and then be seated by classroom 3-4 students per table.
- Tables are marked where students can sit.
- Sack lunch is free for all students. We will not have lunch cards or a point of sale this year.
- If we eat outside: Trash bins will be outside to remove all food waste. Late students will be escorted to your classroom once they are checked into the office.
Hallways and Common Areas
- Keep to grade level groups to the extent possible
- Hallway lanes, directional arrows, and signage in place
- Visual reminders in place for staff and students to encourage 6 feet distancing.
Restrooms & Water Filling Stations
- Reduced number of students in restrooms (3-5 per restroom). Signs show max. Capacity.
- Two grade levels assigned to each restroom for contact tracing.
- Handwashing and distancing signs in place.
- Drinking fountains have been removed. Three water bottle filling stations are available.
- Students will be provided with a water bottle if they do not bring their own from home.
Special Area Classes.
- SEL, Music, Art and PE will be distanced and held in the specials area classrooms/outdoors.
- Students will have individual materials.
- Shared materials will be sanitized between students.
Intervention Services (RTI, ELL, ESS)
- Intervention will be structured with grade level bands of students.
- Students will meet in small grade level groups based on the needs of the students.
- Teachers are sharing seating charts with admin to aid with contact tracing efforts.
- Please only send a healthy snack to school for your student.
- Snacks will be eaten at a designated time outside, weather permitting.
- Free healthy snacks will be provided by FUSD so sending them in is optional
- We have purchased all supplies for the beginning of the school year! What an endeavor!!!
- All students will have their own FUSD issued iPad.
- All students must pay $25 iPad fee.
- iPads will be sent home only when necessary.
- There will be walking field trips at this time.
- Field trip requests will be approved by administration.
- The isolation room is the adjacent to the front office
- This room includes a triage station for determining if symptoms are present. If a testing permission slip is on file, Nurse Liz Walmer will conduct a rapid COVID test
- Students will be supervised until a family member arrives.
- We are sadly not accepting volunteers at this time.
- You can login to your ParentVUE account to make the request for bussing. If you need help, please call the front office at 773-4044.
- Students may not ride the bus unless they are pre-registered
- FUSD Transportation Website with Contact Information
- Bus Route Information
- FACTS support for before and after school care is very limited
- FACTS will be housed in the north portables
- You can go to https://fusd1.ce.eleyo.com to begin the enrollment process
- You must receive confirmation from FACTS before assuming service
- Correct masking is communicated and taught.
- Masks are highly recommended, encouraged and supported.
- Masks are not mandiated.
- Students are cohorted in grade level bands.
- Students will stay in grade level bands for lunch, recess, intake, and dismissal.
- Student instruction is confined to the homeroom classroom as much as possible.
- Clear classrooms of extra furniture to maximize learning space.
- Markings in the hallway are 3-6 feet apart. Lanes created to help with flow of traffic.
- Lines on the field and between playgrounds to help separate areas.
Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette
- Staff and students will watch hand washing and masking videos the first week of school.
- Wash hands frequently
- upon arrival at school (use hand sanitizer if there is no sink in the classroom)
- before and after school provided breakfast
- after being outside for physical activity
- after using the restroom
- before and after lunch
- prior to leaving school for home
- after sneezing, coughing, or blowing nose
- Hand sanitizer provided to all classrooms and in the hallways and at entrances
- Ionizers installed in all classrooms
- Open windows encouraged when weather permitting
Cleaning and Disinfection
- Daily cleaning, deep cleaning, and sanitizing by SSC
- Ionization units have been installed in all classrooms. Ionization Video
- District Cleaning Protocols
- No outside cleaning products, please. (Ex: No clorox wipes)
Rapid Covid Tests available on site for symptomatic individuals with a Covid Testing Consent Form on file.
Please call the front office for assistance at any time (928) 773-4044.