AGENDA - SMS High School Registration Process!!
When: 1/28-2/2 (Make-ups Students to complete registration thru StudentVue)
Where: Through your pathway classes
Who: All current SMS 8th Graders
- Thursday 1/28 - CHS presentations in pathway classes to include a 30 minute video and a live Link Leader/Counselor discussion.
- Friday 1/29 - FHS presentations in pathway classes to include a 30 minute video and a live Link Leader/Counselor discussion.
- FHS Virtual Parent Night - M,T,W,Th nights will have programming for parents https://www.fusd1.org/Page/18629
- CHS Virtual Parent Night - M, T, W nights will have programming for parents https://www.fusd1.org/WELCOMETOCHS
- Monday 2/1 - During pathways class students will watch a 5-minute tutorial video on “how to register for classes through Synergy.” Afterward, actual registration will occur through Synergy. FHS will have live representatives to help for each class. CHS will have one help link available for students. Teachers to setup 1 breakout room.
- Tuesday 2/2 - Students who still need extra time will complete registration through pathways class. FHS will have live representatives to help for each class. CHS will have one help link available for students. Teachers to setup 1 breakout room.
- On Monday 2/1 and Tuesday 2/2 - Students will register with the school they are zoned for. Additionally, if the student wishes to attend a High School they are not zoned for, please follow the below procedure for completing a “boundary exception”.
Boundary Exception Procedure
- Complete and turn in this application to school of choice before 5/30/21 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pIezUUrmSXL3mKwyoMpRgpEfMZ3hrr20/view?usp=sharing (send them to the data clerk for each High School)
- Download class registration form for the High School of choice. Applications and delivery instructions can be found on FHS and CHS websites.
Sinagua Middle School Counseling Department
Registration for Current SMS Students
When: Thursday, February 4th during Pathways class
How: Through Studentvue--Course Request Tab
Tips: Review the picksheet with parents prior to registering
Note: All core classes will be pre-assigned. Students will choose elective courses only. For students in honors, music, Yearbook, or any other course that requires a signature a list of students will be given to counselors to change course requests accordingly. This is the same process for students in an academy or specialized program, such as Mit-E, PDH, or SEI.
Welcome to Sinagua Middle School's Counseling site!
We hope to provide you with information and resources for both our school and the community.
The Counseling Center is open from 7:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Students may drop in before or after school to fill out a request for an appointment. To make an appointment with a counselor, please call (928) 527-5520.
The SMS Counseling Department believes in a strong school/family relationship which:
- challenges each child to reach his/her potential in an atmosphere of encouragement
- promotes and models respect for self and others
- help foster community/school relationships
To achieve this statement, the staff will work collaboratively within the school community to:
- promote academic success and responsible behavior toward others
- provide students with strategies to succeed in socio-emotional development
Services provided by the Counseling Department
- Crises interventions
- Academic counseling
- Community resource referrals
- Parent/teacher conferences
- Awareness of special programs
- Ongoing registration for new and returning students
- Information on community resources
- Benchmark and AIMS testing