Our mission is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable, balanced and caring students who will help to create a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- Create a physically and emotionally safe learning environment
- Model behaviors and attitudes that we want our students to possess, including: open-mindedness, collaboration, ethical actions, and communication
- Create an energizing and rigorous curriculum with frequent formative assessment that supports learners at all levels of mastery
- Provide opportunities for students to engage their natural curiosities in meaningful learning and reflection
- Give our students opportunities to think deeply, grow, take risks, and correct mistakes
- Hold students accountable for their best efforts
- Provide opportunities to solve problems in “real-world” applications
- Be passionate, enthusiastic, creative, and caring learning leaders
- Create opportunities for students to learn about and engage in their larger world, within and across culture
Sinagua Middle School strives to be a school in which all students leave our care confident, inquisitive, creative and self motivated who use critical thinking skills an expanded understanding of the world to become globally competitive and productive members of society engaged in the local community, yet culturally connected to the world. Sinagua Middle School students are reflective and able to access and appreciate diversity.