Sinagua Middle School Counseling Department
Welcome to Sinagua Middle School's Counseling site!
We hope to provide you with information and resources for both our school and the community.
The Counseling Center is open from 7:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Students may drop in before or after school to fill out a request for an appointment. To make an appointment with a counselor, please call (928) 527-5520.
The SMS Counseling Department believes in a strong school/family relationship which:
- challenges each child to reach his/her potential in an atmosphere of encouragement
- promotes and models respect for self and others
- help foster community/school relationships
To achieve this statement, the staff will work collaboratively within the school community to:
- promote academic success and responsible behavior toward others
- provide students with strategies to succeed in socio-emotional development
Services provided by the Counseling Department
- Crises interventions
- Academic counseling
- Community resource referrals
- Parent/teacher conferences
- Awareness of special programs
- Ongoing registration for new and returning students
- Information on community resources
- Benchmark and AIMS testing