Sinagua Middle School Wrestling23-24 Match/Tournament ScheduleNovember 15th 3pm @ PrescottDecember 2nd Flagstaff Jamboree 10am @ SMSDecember 16th time TBD @ MingusJanuary 6th Heritage Invitational 10am @ Chino ValleyJanuary 16th City Duels 4pm @ MEMsJanuary 26th & 27th Copper State @ Findlay Toyota Center PrescottPractice ScheduleMonday: 3:00-4:15Tuesday: 2:30-4:15Thursday: 2:30-4:15
My name is Aaron Suzuki, I will be coaching the middle school wrestling program this year. I am a graduate from Coconino High School and have pretty much been involved with the sport since the day I graduated. I am very excited for this season and while this year may pose challenges for some due to its shortened nature and combining of programs I still believe this is the best sport for any adolescent to be a part of. Wrestling has taught me discipline, work ethic, accountability, mental toughness, attitude and maybe most importantly confidence. Confidence in my ability to out work someone and the belief, when we are committed and determined nothing can stop us. If anyone has any questions or concerns please don’t ever hesitate to reach out through call, text or email. My contact info is below. Also, below will be our rules and guidelines along with our practice schedule.
Code of Conduct
- Grades - I will not allow students to wrestle with less than a 2 in any class. If a student currently has any 2’s they will have 2 weeks to get their grade up. If they can’t get their grade up in the 2 weeks they will not be allowed to participate until those grades have been brought up.
- Behavior - We could possibly have close to 40 students participating this season and because of that everyone must be extremely focused on listening and doing what is being instructed. I do not want to ask an athlete more than once to adjust their behavior, if I have ask someone several times to adjust their behavior during practice they will be asked to sit out and watch without creating any distractions for the rest of practice. If I have to do this 3 times they will not be allowed to participate until I can sit down with either a parent or principle and discuss what needs to be done in order for the student to be allowed back in practice.
- Wrestlers are expected to attend all practices. If a wrestler cannot attend practice they must contact me before practice or as soon as possible depending on the circumstances. If I am not notified it will be considered an unexcused absence and after 3 they will no longer be able to participate.
- Any practice missed, excused or unexcused, must be made up. A make up practice will consist of a 10-15 minute workout during or after practice (I will give several opportunities to make these up each week)
- Conduct between Teammates - I will not tolerate bullying, insults, belittling, teasing, abuse -physical or verbal, discouraging or anything else which can detour someone from continuing to participate. We are a team and everyone must look out for each other and encourage each other to be the best we can be. Everyone must strive to be the best teammate possible and anything less is unacceptable.
Practice will start at 2:30pm and run until 4:15pm Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, unless we have a match or tournament that doesn’t allow us to practice. If there are any changes to the schedule, I will notify the kids and also shoot out an email to all the parents notifying them of the change. Sinagua and MEMs will be combined this year and practices will be held at Sinagua upstairs in the main gym.
For days where there is no school we will plan on not having practice. If anything changes we will notify you of the updated schedule.
We are currently working on building a schedule for the kids to compete. All other schools started October 15th and many tournaments and matches have already taken place. We are are trying to find tournaments or duels to participate in before winter break hits but do not have anything at the moment. We will update you as the schedule comes available.
Thank you so much for all your support this season and please if you have any questions or concerns don’t hesitate to call, text, email or stop by practice so we can talk.