Coconino Institute of Technology began its exciting
based program during the Fall 2001. engineering
Coconino Institute of Technology (CIT)Integrated studies in science, technology and engineering.Mission Statement: CIT is a school within a school that serves students who are academically focused and intellectually gifted. CIT provides unique science and engineering curriculum and social support within the larger high school environment.
CIT provides students the opportunity to:
- Complete sciences that are required for college admission in 2 years (Physics, Biology, and Chemistry)
- Experience science in action through engineering and technology projects.
- Enjoy high school in a socially supportive cohort
high school. for
- Enroll in Honors, Advanced Placement and elective classes with the general student body.
- Compete in sports and participate in band, choir, orchestra, theater and other extracurricular activities.
- Complete real-world field work experience in science and engineering.
- Complete an in depth capstone project on a science or engineering topic of their choice.
*Students who did not complete the
program at Sinagua Middle School will need to take biology freshman or sophomore year. MIT-eFreshmen:Physics - Ms. SapioEngineering I - Mr. TessmerSophomores:Chemistry - Ms. StalveyEngineering II - Mr. TessmerJuniors:Capstone Experience - Mr. Tessmer