Dual Enrollment Courses at Coconino High School
These courses are taught at Coconino High School by CHS teachers in partnership with Coconino Community College. Students may possibly earn community college credit by successfully completing these courses with a grade of C or better. For more information about Dual Enrollment courses at CHS, contact either your counselor or the CAVIAT Counselor, Mrs. Donna Lyons.
In Dual Enrollment classes you will:
- Earn college credit at a fraction of the price ($45 per class vs. $300-$1000)
- Work with highly-qualified teachers, all of whom have Master's degrees
- Practice and master various critical/analytical thinking skills necessary for all professions
- Communicate efficiently (writing and speaking)
- Confidently present findings
- Learn how to research and become a master on a topic
- Debate controversial topics
- Listen to and respectfully respond to different perspectives on controversial topics
- Read and analyze college-level texts
- Learn and apply college-level skills
- Possibly earn money (a student submitted a DE 11 essay for a scholarship that won $5000!).
- Have the opportunity to publish your essays
- With enough credits, earn an Associate's Degree by the time you graduate high school
- Persuade various types of audiences
- Identify and persuasively employ logical fallacies
- Learn how to close-read and to thoroughly analyze texts
- Master rhetorical devices and strategies
- And the list goes on!
Earning CCC Credit
Dual Enrollment CCC Application Process
Students intending on earning Coconino Community College (CCC) credit for their Dual Enrollment course need to create an account with CCC as outlined in the attached document.