Units of credit = one-half unit of credit (.50) is earned for each course completed with a passing grade during each semester of the school year.
1. Credit requirements for graduation: Class of 2014 and beyond =22 credits
2. Students must pass the Civics tests with a score of 60 or higher.
3. Successfully complete the following required credits:
Curriculum AreaFUSD GraduationRequirements 2014 and beyondAZ Public UniversityAdmissions English44 Mathematics4 (alg, geo, alg II, (+ 1)4 Science 33 (lab sciences) Social Studies33 PE/Health10 Fine Arts/ Vocational11 (fine arts) Modern Language02 (3 recommended) Elective Courses 6 6 Graduation Requirement2223Recommended amount of credits per semester, in order to be on track to graduate.
End ofFall semesterEnd ofSpring semester
9th grade 3 6 10th grade 9 12 11th grade 15 18 12th grade 21 24*If you have less than the recommended amount of credits, please see your school counselor regarding credit recovery.Arizona Public University Core Course Requirements:
- English credits (must be composition based)
- Mathematics credits (must be Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, and one (1) higher math)
- Laboratory science credits (three out of the following: Earth Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, AP Environmental Science, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, Anatomy &Physiology)
- Social Studies credits which include: World History/Geography, U.S. History, American Government/Economics
- Modern Language credits must be in the same modern language
Fine arts credit ( art, music, theater and digital photography courses meet this requirement)
Graduation requirements established by the Governing Board may be met by a student who passes courses in the required or elective subjects at a community college or university. Such courses may be determined to be a higher level than the course taught in the high school attended by the student, or if the course is not taught in the high school of attendance, the course must be at a level equal to or higher than a high school course. The board will award one-half credit for each three-semester hours of credit earned in an accredited community college or university. All of the above is subject to the student meeting the requirements for admission to a community college or university and prior approval by the appropriate building principal.