Title I Services in Killip Elementary School
What is Title I?
Title I is the largest federally funded program for elementary and secondary education. Title I funding helps schools provide equal educational opportunities for low-performing students in schools with economic need. FUSD Elementary schools with 40% or more students eligible for free or reduced lunch receive Title I funds. The goal of Title I is to enable all students to be on grade level in reading and math and to meet State Standards
FUSD’s Title I program serves students in grades K-5. Title I provides both reading and math support to identified schools. Title I instruction in these schools supplements regular classroom instruction. All of FUSD’s Title I schools operate a schoolwide Title I program model, which provides schools with the flexibility to focus on a school’s overall educational program to raise academic achievement for ALL students.
What Title I programs are districtwide?
· Professional development for teachers and staff
· The Family Resource Center
o Free tutoring
o Parenting classes and resources
o Computer lab and classes
o English Classes
· Summer programs- Math Camp and Club Read
· Reading specialists
· Homeless services
What does Title I provide Killip?
· Instructional Specialists and paraprofessionals
· Intersession and summer camp teachers and aides
· Home-school and parent involvement coordinators
· Professional development for teachers and staff (conferences and training)
· Family involvement activities
· iPads, apps, and other technology
· Classroom supplies and books
· Title I Services Spanish