LEGO Robotics Club
During Killip Lego Robotics time, students in 4th and 5th grade collaborate to solve difficult problems and challenges provided by the First Lego League. Within these projects, students are engaged in STEM through Problem Based Learning in which they build, design, and program an autonomous robot to carry out a series of functions to solve real-world based problems. These real-world problems range from space travel, food safety, recycling, energy, etc. Students are also engaged in the following Core Values of the First Lego League:
After students finish a project, they may have opportunities to go to multiple First Lego League competitions to present their project and compete against multiple teams state and nation-wide.Our team name is The Lego Side to represent the students' love for Legos, Lego Robotics, and the Sunnyside neighborhood.The Coconino High School CocoNuts robotics team runs a scrimmage, local tournament, and also provides mentors for schools. Our students look forward to being a CocoNut in the future. Click here to view pictures from the December 2021 local tournament held at Coconino High School.
- Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
- Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
- Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
- Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
- Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
- Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
FIRST LEGO League Coach