The Coconino High School Cheer Program serves as a support group for the AIA programs within the school. The
cheer program should strive to boost school spirit, promote good sportsmanship, develop positive crowd involvement, and
help student participants and spectators achieve the most worthwhile objectives of the interscholastic season.
OPEN GYMAny student who wishes to come to our open gym sessions and practice before the July tryout is welcome on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting July 11th. The specific dates and times are 7/11, 7/13, 7/18, 7/20 - all times are from 4-6 PM.Students who wish to try out in July:PARENTS PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS after June 1:
- Go to the Main Athletics page, choose Register My Athlete, sign in or create an account
- Choose Cheer 23-24 season
- Parent/guardian and athlete need to read through the electronic documents.
- E-signature by parent/guardian and athlete.
- Physical with AIA paperwork – make sure it says 2023-24 on the top, doctor has signed and uploaded through Register My Athlete. Forms 15.7-A and 15.7-B - 6 pages in total (It must be dated after March 1, 2023 to be eligible)
- Brain Book Concussion course – completed by athlete.
- Opioid Education Course – completed by athlete.
- Mandatory Physical Forms
- Deadline to complete all of the above - Friday July 21st
All members who are invited into the program will have program fees of $150 due to the school by August 7th.
Please refer all questions to Athletic Director Eric Freas. firstname.lastname@example.org (928) 220-1223
Head Coach - Ashlee McCarron
Assistant Coach - Michele Benedict
JV Coach - Taylor Robertson
Instagram: @coconinocheerFacebook: Coconino Cheer