The Exceptional Student Services Department (ESS) of the Flagstaff Unified School District (FUSD) provides a full range of services for students who have learning needs that lie outside the usual range of instructional differentiation provided in general education classrooms.
Do you know a child who you suspect may have a disability or has trouble with any of the following?
- Seeing people or objects
- Hearing voices or other sounds
- Talking, or is hard to understand when they do talk
- Moving, especially when crawling, walking, or running
- Playing or getting along with children or adults
- Interacting appropriately with others
If you answered yes to one or more of these statements, FUSD can provide screenings for special services for all qualified children, ages 3 to 21, who reside in our district boundaries, including migrant and homeless students, wards of the state, and private- and home-schooled students, in the following ways:
- For school-age children, ages 5-21, who currently attend an FUSD school, contact the child’s school administrator.
- For children ages 3-5, and whose 5th birthday is after August 31 and are not eligible for kindergarten, contact the FUSD Preschool Evaluation Team at 928.773.4148 or email@example.com.
- For children younger than 3 years, services are available through the Arizona Early Intervention Program (AzEIP) at 928.779.1679.