Your child must be five years of age on or before August 31st.
Birth certificate is needed as proof of age. The following items are acceptable substitutions until an official birth certificate can be obtained:
- census certificate for Native Americans;
- reliable medical, religious or civil/government records (such as a visa);
- letter from a duly authorized agency having custody (D.E.S. or court appointed guardian).
Annual Open House & Registration is held in February.
Registration continues throughout Spring and Summer.
Note: Many schools are closed in July. Call before you go.
In accordance with state law, before attending school, all children must have the following immunizations:
- Polio Series
- DTP Series (diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis)
- MMR 1 and 2 (measles, mumps and rubella)
- Hepatitis B Series
- Varicella (chicken pox)
Immunization records must be submitted prior to attending school. For information on dates and locations of free immunization clinics, contact the Coconino County Health Department at (928) 679-7222.
Based on the District philosophy that a child is more likely to be successful when entering school at a slightly older age, the FUSD Governing Board has set the following criteria:
- Children must turn five on or before August 31 to enter kindergarten.
Are there any exceptions to the cut-off date for FUSD kindergarten entrance?
Yes. A child who will turn five in the month of September, may be allowed to enter kindergarten based on an early entrance screening.