FACTS Behavior Policy
Consequence Philosophy and Policy
The FACTS program ascribes to the philosophy that every choice has a consequence. This is something that we hope to pass on to the students who join us at FACTS. When students make positive choices, they should earn positive consequences, such as praise or rewards. The opposite is true when FACTS students make poor choices. We will make every effort to make certain that the consequence for choices are tied to the choice itself. An example of consequences directly related to student choices is, if a student chooses to litter he or she may be asked to do litter removal from program areas. We will communicate with parents if their child earns negative consequences. Extreme or continuous behavior issues may result in the students’ expulsion from the program. Expulsion is determined by the site’s Team Leader along with the Program CoordinatorLevel 1 Negative ChoiceChoices that will result in an automatic FACTS Incident Form include, but are not limited to:
1) Consistently not following directions with the intention of being disruptive
2) Violating technology guidelines
3) Inappropriate language
4) Unsafe Behavior (unsafe to themselves, other students or staff)
Three FACTS Incident forms may result in a suspension for an amount of time determined by the Site Team Leader and/or FACTS Coordinator.Level 2 Negative ChoiceChoices that will result in an automatic suspension include, but are not limited to:
1) Physical violence or the threat of physical violence
2) Use of sexually explicit, racially derogatory, or gendered defamatory language or harassment!
3) Stealing and vandalism
4) Leaving the FACTS area without permission (running away from the group or hiding from FACTS staff).
If any student receives a suspension three times throughout the program, this may result in an expulsion from the program for an amount of time determined by the Site Team Leader and FACTS Coordinator.
Thank you for your support in ensuring all our children feel safe while attending the FACTS Program!